Frequently asked questions about Information Tracer
Q: What is Information Tracer?
A: Information Tracer is a social listening tool that allows you to track keyword(s) on multiple platforms, identify top narratives, key opinion leaders, and nuanced sentiments.
Q: What can I do with Information Tracer?
Information Tracer has been deployed to detect fake news, misinformation campaigns, coordinated manipulation on social media, spam, bot account, and other inauthentic behaviors. Some of our recent projects:
- Expose hate speech towards human rights groups
- Monitor political campaign in Mexico
- Discover coordinated anti-Ukrainian campaigns
- Track anti-climate-change campaigns in UK
You can find more about our work here.
Q: Who are your users?
A: Anyone who has an interest in tracking what is being shared on social media about a particular product or topic. Our users range from journalists to human rights activists to web3 companies to security analysts. We work with global organizations including International Organization for Migration, Hong Kong University, Tecnológico de Monterrey, and other private companies.
Q: What can I search on Information Tracer?
A: Anything. Keyword, URL, hashtag, or a combination of those.
Q: What platforms do Information Tracer cover?
A: We currently cover Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Reddit. We plan to add more platforms in the future.
Q: Can I search in any language for any time period?
Q: What capabilities does Information Tracer have?
A: Information Tracer provides intelligence to answer the following questions:
- How does a narrative spread on social media? How many impressions does it receive on each platform?
- Who are the key opinion leaders? Who first posted this narrative, and when does the narrative break out?
- Are there coordinated actors amplifying this narrative? If so, who are they? How do they operate?
- What are people's sentiments regarding this narrative on each social media platform?
- What other narratives can we discover?
Q: I want to try Information Tracer. What should I do?
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your use case. If the use case is legitimate, we will give you a quote (price, service included) and offer a service agreement. Once you sign the service agreement, you will be able to access the system.
Q: How much do you charge?
A: We offer customized solutions to each client, from software-as-service to consulting. Email us to schedule a call. We will listen to your use case and propose a suitable solution.